Thank You to all who came out in support of our Plant Sale. It was a HOT morning but the plants, patrons and members all survived! If you missed it but would like to support our Town Beautification program , click on the donate page link and help make Shrewsbury more beautiful!
The purpose of the Shrewsbury Garden Club is
- to foster an interest in gardening, horticulture and conservation
- to carry out projects contributing towards beautification of the town of Shrewsbury
- to provide scholarships for students residing in the town of Shrewsbury pursuing a course of study in agriculture, horticulture, environmental science, or a related field.
A Little About Us
On June 24, 1957, a group of fourteen women met at the home of Ann Claflin, to discuss the formation of a garden club in the town of Shrewsbury in Massachusetts. Thus began the Shrewsbury Garden Club. Today the Shrewsbury Garden Club is still dedicated to upholding the mission established by those original fourteen women.
We now have
57 Active members
15 Supporting members
We are a member of the following organizations :
- National Garden Clubs, Inc.
- The Garden Club Federation of Massachusetts Inc.
- Massachusetts Audubon Society
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden
- Native Plant Trust
The same spirit and vitality of our founding members is alive and well today. Celebrating the start of our 64th year in September we are still growing and continuing our great traditions!
Take a look at the gardens in Shrewsbury by our club members here.
Our club supports the Shrewsbury Public Library, Community Preservation, Spirit of Shrewsbury and Lakeway Business District with donations.